AC Repair in Alton
Call Today For Emergency Service & Repairs
Even a minor issue with your cooling system can add up to an expensive and disruptive problem if not handled promptly. A small concern, such as a strange noise or failure to keep temperature, could be a sign of impending failure or could get worse over time. Our expert technicians at American Air Heating & Cooling know how to fix any problem your water heater may have, regardless of what brand you have installed. If the damage is to extensive or expensive to fix then and there, we also offer top-notch replacement services to make sure your home has the hot water you need. Call today for emergency services!
Don't let a faulty water heater keep you from enjoying a hot shower. Give American Air Heating & Cooling a call at (618) 243-7591 to schedule your service today!
Common Signs That Your AC Needs Repairs
Knowing when to call an experienced technician is important – not only is catching the problem early better for the long-term function of your AC, it's better for your wallet. Some key signs to keep a lookout for include:
- Warm air: The first thing you should do if you notice warm air coming from your AC is to check your thermostat. If it's set to cooling mode and set lower than your home's current temperature, then there's likely an issue with your AC.
- Lack of air flow: This is a common sign that there's either a blockage in your home's ductwork or an issue with your air conditioner, whether that's a clogged air filter or broken motor.
- Leaking water: While your AC will likely gather condensation on the part that's outside, it should never drip or leak inside your home. This could be a refrigerant leak, a potentially serious hazard for you and your whole family.
- Strange/bad smells: This is most common the first time you turn on your AC in the spring or summer. This is typically a straightforward fix, and our team can clear out any microbial growths, mold, or whatever else is causing the smell.
- Strange noises: If you ever notice your AC making strange noises like buzzing, banging, rattling, etc., turn it off immediately and give us a call. There's a good chance that some component has either broken or come loose, and needs to be repaired before it gets worse.
When you want to take the best possible care of your air conditioner, call on American Air Heating & Cooling. If you’re looking for prompt repair, we provide the skilled and conscientious workmanship that results in enhanced performance. We also offer 24-hour emergency service, so you know we can help you quickly even if you experience a sudden breakdown.
Get the emergency help you need! Call us for Alton air conditioning repair at (618) 243-7591.
Air Conditioner Problems
Your AC system relies on a complex system of pressurized refrigerant and coils that collect heat indoors and release it outdoors. Fans help air to reach the coils and distribute cooled air through your home. If your air conditioner is experiencing problems, any component of the system may be affected.
Our Alton air conditioning repair technicians are trained to spot these issues and more:
Mechanical failure of condenser fan or air handling unit parts
Compressor problems, which prevents indoor heat from being transferred outdoors
Expansion valve issues, which keep refrigerant from cooling before entering your home
Thermostat failure, preventing you from adjusting temperature
Through the dedicated efforts of our team of highly trained professionals, your money is invested in long-term satisfaction rather than simply spent. We take the time to do every job right, to your specifications, and for maximum benefit.
Benefits of Regular AC Maintenance
To prevent problems before they start, we recommend scheduling seasonal maintenance. This allows us to ensure your AC system is in tip-top shape before the summer heat arrives. Not only will this regular service catch ay potential problems before they become expensive system failures, it will also keep your air conditioner running longer, potentially delaying the need for a replacement by years.
However, if you choose not to schedule seasonal maintenance, it’s still possible to catch small problems before they become major inconveniences. Pay attention to how your air conditioner runs. If it starts making strange noises or begins taking longer than usual to cool your home, give us a call. You may just save yourself the cost of a bigger repair down the road.
Choose a Friendly, Efficient Repair Service
American Air Heating & Cooling provides scheduling at your earliest convenience and 24/7 emergency service in Alton, Wood River, Bethalto and beyond. We recognize that your time is important, and we never waste it. Our technicians are skilled, courteous, and punctual. We arrive prepared for a diverse range of issues with cutting-edge diagnostic equipment and a full inventory of quality replacement parts. We pinpoint issues quickly and take the necessary steps to ensure that your cooling system resists problems down the road.
Let us exceed your expectations with effective solutions. American Air Heating & Cooling is the right choice for air conditioning repair and seasonal maintenance for all makes and models of equipment.